Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tuesday, June 14, 2010

I went to a wonderful festival in the park over the weekend. There was music, by well-known and unknown musicians; there was fine art and crafts; art installations being created while I watched; all types of unique foods (alligator?); and lots of people. I spent most of my time "listening" to what people had to say.
Everyone has a story unique to them. Sometimes it was a family story passed down (I heard from a grandson about his grandfather who was Amish and had the first underground Amish party band) and sometimes it was a personal story (I heard from a man who in his younger days kept running into a country music star through his travels and eventually this country music star wrote a song about the fact that they kept crossing paths).  Truly everyone has a story to tell and all of us are entire libraries unto ourselves. I decided then and there that someone needed to be writing these unique stories. So, if you have a story to tell, I want to hear it. Write it here on my blog and share it with me. At some point, when there are enough stories,  I will collect them together into book format and publish it.  Your story could live forever between the pages of a book or within an electronic media format.
If you'd like to be part of my 'Your (his)story project' leave me a post.  I can't wait to hear from you!!!

No comments: