Friday, April 29, 2011

Check Out My Poetry!

     I have been following the Poetic Asides blog throughout the month of April.  Robert Brewer of Writer's Digest Magazine has been writing poems and providing prompts all month long to celebrate National Poetry Month.  On April 19, he posted a challenge for a chance to be published in Writer's Digest magazine in a new feature: WD Poetic Form Challenge.  The challenge, this first time out, was 10 lines of 10 syllables.  That was all the instruction that was provided.  The poem that is chosen will be featured in the September issue of Writer's Digest entitled, "The Big 10" issue.  There will be a "Top 10" list posted, as well.  I posted my contribution on the website in time for judging.  I was #333.  So, the competition is fierce.  The contest deadline is April 29th at midnight EST.  As soon as a winner is chosen (I hope it's me!!!) I will post my poem here on my Chalk Outlines blog.

No comments: