Saturday, October 22, 2011

A Little Something Extra . . .Saturday

Here's a project that I put together on my own.
It's a giant granny square that I just kept putting rounds on until
it would cover the pillow form that I had,
which was a 12" pillow form.

Is this the front side or the back side?  You choose.
                                                The yarn is Tweed Stripes in the Lakeview color.
I used a J crochet hook.
I started out with 6 ch stitches and formed a ring and then worked a traditional
granny square pattern using 3 double crochet stitches and 2 ch stitches at the corners and
in between the 3 double crochet stitiches.
There are 15 rows.
I turned the square so that it formed a diamond across the front of the pillow
and then put it together across the back in a criss cross pattern.
The pillow is covered in a light green fabric that is actually the back side of an
army green fabric with gold vines that I didn't much care for.
It's a quick an easy project when you want something to do with your hands but you don't
want to have to think about it too much.
Is this the front side or back side?  You choose.

No comments: