Monday, February 14, 2011

Window to Another World!

  HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!
     It's a window to another world.  A world of light, sunshine, shade, and shadow.  A world of warmer temperatures and thoughts of spring.
    (Or maybe some boys out of school for conferences and with nothing to do just tunneled through a great big pile of snow off a parking lot.  Hey, you spin it your way and I'll spin it mine.  HA!)
     After waking up to a record low on Thursday morning of -15 degrees with 12" of snow on the ground and then Sunday the high for the day was 60 degrees with rapidly melting snowfall , living on the plains of Kansas can be quite an experience.
     Unfortunately the warmer temperatures did some damage to this window/tunnel.  The top had caved in when I saw it again on Monday morning.  I still think it's unique and different.
     The weather forecast for this next week is 50's, 60's, 70's.  I know we're not out of the woods yet as far as the snow goes, but I will take the welcome break.  It gave me time to clean up from all the snow, salt, ice melt, and sand.  So, unfortunately, I didn't get my challenge quilt finished.  I thought I'd have it ready to unveil today.  But have no fear, I will have it ready to share next week.  (I have no choice as next Monday is the quilt guild meeting.)  Have a happy day!
                                          
                       

No comments: