Friday, November 12, 2010

NaNoWriMo Day #11

     YES!  I reached the half way point.  Today my word count is 25,132 words.  I'm on page 55.  I have 24,868 words to go.  I'm in the home stretch.  I am tired.  Every spare minute is going into this project.  And even a few moments that aren't spare.  I write all the time.
     I see the story coming together now.  I was even able to do a brief outline this morning.  I see the plot twists, the climax, the resolution and there's even an epilogue.  There's a twist at the end, too.  And, well . . .you'll have to read the book to find out more.
     Considering that even up to the very beginning of this project, day one, I had no idea what I was going to write about.  And here I have a solid story, that I dearly love to sit down and write each evening, it makes sense, and the story has unfolded just a naturally as if I were reading the actual book.  I'm even beginning to pick up steam because the story is falling into place so easily.
    My main character, Maggie, is definitely my muse.  She has watched over this book from the very beginning.  She's telling me the story and I write it down for her. When I want her to go in one direction, she goes in another.  It's her story, no doubt about it.
     Tally ho and it's off to Day #12. . .

No comments: