Thursday, November 25, 2010

NaNoWriMo Day#25

     A short time ago, I signed on to the NaNo site and after scrambling my story, uploaded it to the site for verification.  Needless to say, I WON!!!  I can't begin to tell you how great that feels.  I am really proud of myself.  I worked hard, persevered and made it through to the end.  I kept telling myself that I'd make it.  But I didn't really know if I would or not.
     In the beginning, at the first meeting at the library, I thought, "Yeah this shouldn't be to hard".  Of course then I wrote the first night, woke up exhausted the next day, (after writing 2,000 words) and suddenly, 50,000 words looked like a whole lot of distance to cover in a month.  Then I slogged through that first week, getting more exhausted and not making much of a dent in the word count.  Suddenly I'm wondering what I've gotten myself into.  Then I had an ear/possible cold during week two.  I'm thinking I feel awful and writing a couple of hours after coming home tired from work seemed a fool's errand.  But I kept at it.  Then I hit some kind of adrenaline rush and wrote 12,000 words over the weekend.  My story took off and the next thing I knew 25,000 words appeared and then I closed in on 35,000 words, then 45,000 words, and finally I blew past the 50,000 word mark. 
     I can't believe I made it.  I can't believe I won.  But I'm so glad I did.  Where do I go from here?  Well, I'm off to buy a frame for my winner's certificate (that may have to wait until tomorrow since today is Thanksgiving-I don't know if anything is open) and then it's time for the real work to begin as I start editing my manuscript. 

No comments: