Friday, November 5, 2010

NaNoWriMo Day #4

     Here I am at Day #4 and my word count sits at 9,663.  I am 40,337 words from my goal.  I can't seem to break the 10,000 word mark.  I will tonight.  I would have probably done it last night, but I only had an hour available to me in which to write, and only churned out roughly 1600 words. (22 pages and counting)
     One of my instructors said that it was helpful to keep a small notebook available to keep track of the people in the novel.  She was so right!  I think I'm up to about 12 characters and there are more planned who haven't arrived yet.  Even in the short time I've been writing, I have forgotten a couple of names.  I can see where that could turn into a nightmare towards the end.  And there are a couple of characters who have changed their names to nicknames.  The main character has done that twice.  Talk about confusing.
      While I was writing last night, it dawned on me that I have a character who is not who he seems to be.  I'm afraid that my heroine is going to feel very betrayed later on.  What's so bad about it, is that the other characters know and they're not telling her either.  And they're suppose to be doctors!  Psychiatrists, even.  Keeping her in the dark!
      I checked the website and found out that there are 185,587 people signed up to do this "Novel in a Month" exercise.  That sounds like a lot.  I wonder how many will finish?  I plan on being one of those that finish, that win.  I want that certificate.  I'm going to hang it on my wall!
      Onto Day #5 . . .

No comments: