Wednesday, November 3, 2010

NaNoWriMo Day #2

     I've made it through Day #2.  I'm at 14 pages, 6,123 words.  Wow!  Who knew I had it in me. When I updated my word count on the official website, I found out that I am currently a day ahead of where I am suppose to be at this point, with only 43,877 words to go.  Whew!  Will I make it?  Keep reading each day to find out.  I'm sure I will be as shocked as you are.
     I sit at my dining table (nicknamed the tiny table by my son) with a laptop and write every evening for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.  When I finish, I'm exhausted, hungry, and since I get very involved when I write, completely oblivious to what's going on around me.  I put lots of pressure on my knees and feet.  When I finally get up and stretch, my legs, knees, feet, just my whole body feels stiff and sore.  I need to find a way to relax while I write.  I'm sure that will come in time.  I'm just on day #2.
     The chair I use at the dining table is quite uncomfortable and although I don't notice it when I finish in the evening, in the morning when I get out of bed, my hip hurts.  It feels like it's slipped out of it's socket.  I injured it years ago in a freak "why don't you dump the nearly empty (HA!) 50 gal. soap barrel into the one we just opened" accident.  It's taken awhile the last two mornings to work it back to feeling no pain.
     I've been so tired the last two mornings, I can hardly get out of bed.  I've slept so soundly and deeply the past two nights, I don't know if a freight train running through the house at the end of my bed would even wake me up.  I believe that my exhaustion and tiredness will eventually disappate as I continue on my journey.  It takes time to change routines.
     Day #3 . . .has arrived.

No comments: