Tuesday, November 2, 2010

NaNoWriMo Day #1

     Yes!  NaNoWriMo began yesterday.  So did I.  I wrote 3,290 words.  I have 8 pages to show for my work and a pretty tidy little novel started.  I'm not sure where it came from, or where I'm going from here with it, but I feel very confident.
      I wrote for 2 1/2 hours last night and it was heaven.  The words just flowed.  My only problem, was that after my heroine, Margaret, got started on something, I couldn't seem to budge her to go any other way.  We seemed to go round and round over the same ground together.  I could not get her to move on.  Finally, bleary eyed and tired, I had her faint, and slide off the couch.
     I think she'll forgive me tonight, when hunky Dr. Mike shows up.  Obviously, Dr. Barnett was not giving her the care she needed.  My gawd, he didn't even have a first name!  (Of course, I don't think Dr. Mike has a last name.  He could surprise me, but I doubt it.)
     Last night I thought Margaret might fall for Dr. Mike, but today, I'm not so sure.  I think maybe she's going to meet someone else who hasn't entered the picture yet.  We'll see how that goes.
     Margaret has definite ideas about what she will do and what she will not do.  It's all about what's good for the story.  So, hats off to your Margaret, thanks for the help!  ( I don't even know where the names came from.  I started out with a title and vague ideas and the next thing I know, Margaret showed up and took over the story.  She started naming names, having suppers, and decorating rooms.)
     Day #2 begins now. . .

No comments: