Saturday, November 13, 2010

NaNoWriMo Day #12

     Last night I had a writing storm descend on me.  I started writing at around 8:00 p.m. and by the time I finished, sometime after 11:00 p.m., I had written nearly 5,000 words and 10 pages.  At this point, I am sitting at 29,683 words and 64 pages.  When I open up my novel, the file is so big that it takes a while to open the document.  I have backed up my novel on my hard drive, a flash drive, and sent it in an email to myself.  I hope that I am covered as far as backing up my novel.
     I don't know when I have ever had more fun!  Last night the words just flowed and I just went where the story lead me.  Some of it I had planned in advance, but I did get a surprise.  I never thought Maggie would bounce poor sweet Mark's head off the concrete.  That was a shocker.  I did not see that coming.  It does clear up a problem that I had as to why they were going to part.  So, once again, Maggie was looking out for me.  Truly this is her story, I'm just writing it down for her.
     This has been an amazing project.  I am so glad that I took this on.  I have learned so much about myself and who I am, right now.
     The website doesn't open up for upload of novels until Nov. 25.  My stats show that I'll be ready to upload on Nov. 22, if I keep up my pace.  I'm going to keep writing until the Nov. 25 deadline so I have no idea how many words I'll be at by that time.
     Here we go again. . .Day #13.

No comments: