Friday, November 19, 2010

NaNoWriMo Day #18

     Last night I thought I had peaked to early.  I just couldn't put words to paper.  And I had a pile of words left to add to my word count.  But overnight, I thought about it, and I introduced some new characters at the eleventh hour.  After their conversation occurs with the heroine and I do my epilogue, I should be well over the word count.  Currently I sit at 46,298 with nearly 100 pages.
     I have always wanted to write a novel.  But I tend to edit, a lot, until I can't even move one word forward without the agony of stressing over whether this word is the right one or not.  And then the momentum is lost.  NaNoWriMo has freed me from all of that.  I just keep telling myself to move forward.  One day at a time.  Get through this day of writing.  Get through the next day of writing.  Then the next day.  Don't look back.  Don't stress.  I can take care of all of this during the rewrite.  This method has been working really well for me.  Look at my word and page count.
     Finally today, I went in and looked at my messages from the other NaNoWriMo participants.  I knew the messages were piling up.  But I didn't want to take time away to read any of the messages or surf around on the internet.  That's a good way to get off track and lose focus.  I'm apparently more confidant now.
     I see the light at the end of the tunnel, and it's not an oncoming train . . .Hello Day #19.

No comments: