Tuesday, November 1, 2011

National Novel Writing Month

Tuesday is the first day of NaNoWriMo.  I went to an organization meeting
at the Smoky Hill Museum on Sunday.
We had seven people show up.  Hopefully, they will still be there at the end.

For those who are unfamiliar with NaNoWriMo,
this is a month long celebration of writing
where participants write a novel, 
50,000 words,
in a month.

Last year, I completed this adventure and wrote a novel.
There were probably a dozen people who started
the journey with me and maybe three, who finished.

One of the things that helped me last year, was watching
my writing buddies word counts and
trying to keep up and pass them.  Eventually, though,
the leader in word count just blew right past me
and there was no way to catch him.  By then,
well, it was close to the end and I had reached my word count.

Keep watching this blog for updates, photo's, excerpts, etc. throughout
the month of November.

© Lydia Lowe  11/2011






1 comment:

jerry jones said...

Your blog makes my day. Always check it right after word count. There were seven at the library Wed.