Wednesday, November 9, 2011

NaNoWriMo #8

     So here we are, in the second week.  I must admit that I am struggling a bit.  Last year, I flew through the second week and didn't look back.  I questioned why everyone thought this week was so difficult.  I didn't think it was.  And it's not difficult, this year, for the reasons that everyone who participates says that it is.  Not for me anyway.  My story is going along fine.  It just hasn't taken off. 
     Last year I had times when the story would take off without me and all I could do was hold on and type as fast as I could.  I had a rough idea of where it was going and it made it there, more or less, well before the deadline when I could download.  I kept hoping, while I waited for that portion of the site to open, that I wouldn't forget to load my novel for the final count.
     Last night, a strange development occurred.  Well, not really.  I knew where I was going but just not how I was going to get there.  One of my characters walked across a balcony, in the early morning sunlight and faded out, just a little bit, briefly  How did this happen and why?  No one knows.  Apparently, the 1860's were a very confusing time.   
     Tonight's portion has virtually written itself, though.  So that's good.  I can see the plot and where it's going in the future.  Now if I could just get the sense that the story is taking off in a mad dash?
     I was talking to a friend last night and told her about my NaNo adventure.  I explained about my book from last year; how I came about the story and gave her a brief synopsis of the story.  She said that it sounded like a terrific read.  Last year's book was: "Confusion".  So then I told her about this year's book; where the original story came from and a brief synopsis of where the story is going.  She said that it sounded good too.  She likes to read.  Maybe I've found an editor?  
     I'm thinking there's going to be another "fade to grey" again tonight.   Until tomorrow . . .
    
© Lydia Lowe  11/2011

1 comment:

jerryjoejones said...

Certainly enjoy how much insight you seem to have in putting your story together. It has to be a gift. Afraid I don't have it.