Wednesday, November 16, 2011

NaNoWriMo #15

     As of last night, I am 1,032 words from the goal for yesterday.  Of course, then today hit and I am way behind again.  I'm not giving up.  I'm going to stick with it to the end.  I intend to make it to the goal-50,000 words. 
      It's hard, sometimes, to keep banging out the word count.  The last two nights I've spent the entire evening working on my novel trying to get caught up.  Three hours every evening.  I don't get much done at home at night after work.  But I keep telling myself that it will all be worth it and in December (or at the end of 50,000 words) I will get back to my life again.
     Last night a new character showed up-baggage and all.  Gwendolyn took over the story and would not let up all night.  Then I find out that she has a friend that she's going to drag into this story.  She won't make a return appearance tonight but she will be back soon. 
     In fact, she has suggested a story of her own.  Gwendolyn  (don't call her Gwen)  came complete with an entire story and characters.  Apparently she has been waiting in the wings, "watching" for the right opportunity.
     Her story is a bit different and I'm thinking that next year, for NaNoWriMo, I may just have to write it.  If not before.  I was thinking of taking a break next year because this year has been such a struggle.   But now, I'm not so sure.    

© Lydia Lowe  11/2011

No comments: