Thursday, November 10, 2011

NaNoWriMo #9

     I think that my characters and their journey are starting to affect me directly.  Last night, so tired, but I wanted to get some more of the story down.  So I set up my work station on my big comfy bed and began typing the story.  Everything was going along fine.  I'm thinking this is a terrific idea.  I should write like this more often.
     Ann Marie is fading on the deck when - I faded, and dozed off.  I know, I know, my writing is so exciting it's putting me to sleep.  HA! HA!  When I popped my eyes back open in less than a second I had typed the word "value".  I had no idea, first of all, that I could type while asleep and second, I have no idea what the word "value" means.  It had nothing to do with what I was writing at the time.  It made no sense in the context of the sentence that I was writing.
     I wonder if my subconscious was trying to tell me something?  Were my characters reaching out to me from the pages of the book?  Have I channeled some ghostly spirit from beyond the grave?  What does the word value have to do with the story?  Is this significant?  Am I over-thinking all of this?  Is that the point?  A cosmic trick to make me think that this is significant when clearly it is not?  (Like sands through an hourglass, so goes the thoughts in my mind or something like that.  Isn't that a soap opera on T.V.?  Stop me before I think again!)
     Welcome to my world!  Yes, I am always like this.  Step inside my brain; walk through the beaded curtain, look around at the exhibits, touch the furry cats, there are peanuts available to feed the people I've collected over the years,  be careful-some of them are biters, step up on the barrel top, feel it slip out from under you as you slide down the chute to the exit.  Don't forget to tip your waiter on the way out.  More tomorrow . . .

© Lydia Lowe  11/2011

No comments: