Thursday, November 3, 2011

NaNoWriMo Day #2

     Yesterday, was easy.  A title, OMG!, I wondered if one was going to show up in time.  I was feeling pretty pleased by the fact that I had a title.  Until last night . . .one of the male characters, Flynn, decided that he wants to change it to "Dance on a Wire".  He pleaded a pretty good case and I was just about to change it.  Well, O-Kay, I was actually going to change it.  When I tried to, though, I wasn't able too.  Maybe once the title is set it's set. 
     So, I just told him it can't be changed now.  He laughed at me and said, "Who are you trying to kid.  I'm from the 1860's and even I know that anything on a computer can be changed at any time."  He made a valid point.  I'm not as tired as I was last night when I finished writing, so I'll check in with Help on the NaNo site and see what I can do about the title.  I don't want Flynn to get all "1860's" on me again tonight.  HA! HA!
     My first night I wrote 2,466 words.  I thought that was fine.  I have no trouble getting started.  I just dive right in.  I have no idea where I'm going or what I'm doing so I just get my hands dirty and see what happens.  I was feeling fine about my word count (until just a minute ago when I looked back at last year's count and realized on the first day last year I was at 3,490 words after the first day, man that has got to be a misprint-some blog god's must have gone in and changed that over the year).
     I think that my character's must have had something to do with that.  Last year they were all present day folks who just liked to bash each other in the head with shovels and such.  This year they are all mysterious and when I question them they throw around buzz words like "1860's" and make title changes and I think Flynn may just go rogue on me.  He's not even a main character. 
     Then on the second night, last night, I did another respectable word count of 1969 words and now I'm at 4,435.  I'm thinking that's another good showing.  So I go to log in my count and now I have two days worth and the stat meter is able to measure my progress and suddenly I find out that I have 45,565 words to go to the goal.  Wow, that seems like a lot of words.  Here we go again . . .

© Lydia Lowe  11/2011

No comments: