Tuesday, November 15, 2011

NaNoWriMo #14

     The planets aligned.  The moon shown down.  And I added a hefty amount to my word count.  I started the night at 18,624 words and ended the night at 21,269 words.  That translates into 2,645.  I didn't quite make up the ground that I needed too (I'm still behind about 3,731 words) but I'm back in the game.  I need to hit 30,000 by Friday to stay on track.  Can I make it?  I believe I can.  That's only 8,731 words away.  I'll just keep plugging away at it. 
     Last night didn't go quite the way I had it planned.  I had a late day appointment, a trip to the grocery store (I price shop so I ended up at two grocery stores) didn't get home in time to walk but had groceries to put away and dinner to fix, clothes to wash, and then finally the night was clear to write.  Too many distractions.  Tonight should be better.
     Tuesday night there is nothing to watch on basic cable.  Absolutely nothing.  There is no t.v. to tempt me.  No appointments to go to, no stores to stop at, nothing to put away or wash, I don't even have to fix dinner because I have leftovers from last night.  So, clear sailing into my novel tonight.
     I was amazed that I could pick up right where I left off and get right into the story.  At this point, people are fading in and out for no apparent reason and I found out that there is a new character that is going to show up tonight.  I had no idea.  She wasn't in the original plans.  I didn't know she even existed until last night.  People were fading in and out and apparently she saw to much.  I didn't even know she was on the deck.  But after I wrapped up my writing for the night, she asked me if I was going to start off with her character tonight.  She apparently has a backstory, too.  A new character complete with baggage.  Who knew?
     What does she have in store for the current cast of characters?  Tune in tomorrow . . .

© Lydia Lowe  11/2011

No comments: