Friday, November 11, 2011

NaNoWriMo #10

     I didn't learn my lesson about writing in bed, from the night before.  I had a rough day yesterday and I was so wound up.  I knew that the one thing that would calm me down, is to write.  So, having not learned my lesson from the night before,  I snuggled into my big comfy bed and began writing.  Yes, you guessed it.  I "faded" off to sleep. 
     Typing in my sleep is something I'm obviously becoming quite good at.  Last night I typed "But Mayo Clinic"  and I vaguely remembered that I deleted and retyped so that it would be in all capitals.  The Mayo Clinic has absolutely nothing to do with my story.  No matter how you look at the story, this is never going to work its way into my story. 
     I'm wondering if I'm receiving messages from aliens, ghosts, spirits (or are those two the same things?) or if my subconscious is trying to tell me something.  Maybe something about the value of the Mayo Clinic?
     Could it be, no, wait, maybe, oh my gawd, commercials!  That's it.  Commercials in my subconscious.  Is there no where those ad guys won't go?  Who'd have thought that they could channel the subconscious?
     I really need a good writing day.  And soon, because for two nights Ann Marie has been fading and she can't quite pull it together, and I'm nodding off to sleep, and my word count is not moving forward very fast.

© Lydia Lowe  11/2011

No comments: